banner join
join

Sandusky Area YMCA
2101 W. Perkins Avenue, Sandusky, OH 44870
phone: 419-621-9622 | fax: 419-625-6166

History of Our YMCA

Established in 1883. During the Civil War it was one of only two YMCAs that served the Confederacy. We ministered to the Confederate prisoners on Johnson Island.

Disbanded during the world wars. Reestablished in 1951 with help from the local Jaycees and Jack Springer.

First facility was located at 910 W. Monroe St. Activities included: Teen activities, bridge, dancing and listening to the jukebox.

Moved in 1962 to 135 E. Washington Row (currently Key Bank). Activities included: Basketball, dances, billiards, wiffle ball, trampoline, archery and air rifles.

Moved in 1971 to our current location of 2101 W. Perkins Ave. Original facilities: Frohman Pool, Multipurpose area, two locker rooms.

In 1973, the gym was added.

In 1978, three racquetball courts were added.

In 1985, the Springer Pool, upstairs fitness center, adult locker rooms, special needs
locker rooms and two multipurpose rooms near the entrance were added.

schedules
>Current Facility Hours
Mo-Th: 5 am-9 pm
Fr: 5 am-8 pm
Sa: 8 am-4 pm
Su: 1 pm-5 pm

catalog buttonnews buttonevents button
Search the YMCA website:

2101 W. Perkins Avenue, Sandusky, OH 44870
phone: 419-621-9622 | fax: 419-625-6166


Home | Programs | Membership | About Us | Catalog | News | Events | Schedules

united way